What Is It?
This means that I look at the code that your team (whether in-house, outsourced, or whatever) has written or changed, and comment on it, as if I were assigned to review it as a Pull Request and being very picky. I will point out ways in which it is very good, and where it could be made more understandable, maintainable, efficient, Ruby-idiomatic, etc. (I offer this only in Ruby so far, including Rails, Sinatra, non-web, and tests in RSpec, MiniTest, and Cucumber.)
Why Do It?
It's a quick, easy, cheap way to tell whether your team is producing good code. If they are, great, carry on! If not, you might want to use some of my other services.
How Does It Work?
- You send me some generic information to tell me you're interested in this service.
- I email you back, asking some more questions.
- You get me the code, and pay a 50% deposit.
- I verify the sizes, and if your estimate was low by a lot, you pay some more deposit.
- I write up a report and send it to you, usually within a week.
- You get one week to submit one round of asking me for clarifications on what I've written. If you have questions, I will usually respond within a week.
- You then have 20 days to pay the rest of the fee.
How Much Does It Cost?
Frankly I'm not sure yet. So far I'm thinking something around ten cents a byte. (That's for what I have to actually look at, whether to review or for context.) Contact me and we'll discuss your situation -- but be aware there will be a minimum charge of $1,000.
What Else Can I Get?
After you've had a chance to review the report, we can discuss whether you want some additional services, for additional prices we will discuss. Mainly, I can:
- Make whatever changes I recommended
- Update tests to confirm new behavior
- Make it conform to your chosen coding style
- Make a Rubocop configuration to describe your chosen style
- Teach your team about the value of choosing and adhering to a style
- Check the code again after your team has worked on it more
If there are other add-on services you would like, we can discuss them then.
If there's anything else you need, or you're ready to submit your inquiry, go ahead and contact me.